Who we areand what we do
A welcoming community space
We provide an inclusive, safe and versatile space, with activities, to meet the wide-ranging needs of residents of both the local community and the wider Brighton and Hove area. We are fortunate to be able to offer ease of access, great facilities and lots of green space to all who visit.
Our aims are:
1) To offer well-run, low-cost rooms for hire for our local community and beyond. We also offer a rent free community space for groups offering free services to the people who visit the centre.
2) To offer a welcoming and low-cost community cafe, that serves good quality hot and cold food and drinks.
3) To offer a program of community activities that meet the needs of users and offer new services to encourage others to take part.
4) To ensure the sustainability of the centre long into the future with business planning and long-term goals.
5) To offer facilities that enable low-income families and individuals to be able to access free/low-cost food, clothing and other vital necessities.
6) Projects that are being nurtured at the moment are the community kitchen and garden which will give people the space to develop and grow in a safe environment with the opportunity to learn new skills.
What makes us different?
Care for the Community
We hope to bring people together, to help them share experiences, take pride and ownership in their community, and celebrate life.
Friendly staff & Volunteers
Our amazing team of trustees, staff and volunteers provide an eclectic range of services and experience to any person walking through the door.
Affordable facilites and events
We boast a hugely versatile building with affordable and charitable rates. Ours is a true community building with events and sessions to reflect that.
Meet our leadership team
Reyna Kothari lives in the Hollingbury area with her (patient) partner, two beautiful kids, a speed demon of a dog and 2 chickens.She is normally seen working from a table in the centre talking to anyone and everyone and trying to do a million things at once!
Zelal also lives in Hollingbury with her firecracker of a daughter. She is generally modelling an outfit from our very own charity shop Boatopia whilst trying to help in any which way she can and be a breath of positivity to every person that crosses her path.